Interstate graduation ceremonies
Who is eligible to attend an interstate ceremony?
Interstate ceremonies are only available to students enrolled in:
- GZ35 - Graduate Certificate in Business (Public Sector Management) (interstate cohorts only)
- GS89 - Executive Graduate Certificate in Business Administration (interstate cohorts only)
- GS50 - Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA) (interstate cohorts only).
If you've completed your studies in Brisbane, you are not able to attend an interstate ceremony.
Graduation ceremony schedule
Interstate graduation ceremonies are progressively returning. If you're eligible, we'll email you with details of when we're coming to your city.
To check your eligibility for an interstate graduation ceremony, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Academic dress and photography
It's compulsory that you wear a full set of academic dress. This consists of:
- a gown and hood
- a mortarboard.
You will be able to hire your academic dress when registering for your graduation ceremony. You will need to provide your height and hat size (head circumference).
Professional photographs will be taken at the ceremony and sent to you via email in the weeks following your ceremony.
Guest tickets can be reserved when registering your attendance for the ceremony. Ticket limits will be confirmed on the registration form.
Your guest ticket allocation does not include your sponsor, as they will be invited to your graduation by the Graduate School of Business. Email details of your sponsor to the Public Sector Management Program Team at email@example.com.
What happens on the day of the ceremony?
Graduands arrive at the venue at the specified time for registration, academic dress collection, and briefing.
The ceremony lasts for approximately an hour.
- Your ceremony begins with the Academic Procession.
- Graduands and guests are welcomed and graduands are admitted to their degrees.
- The Guest Speaker delivers the graduation address and the Student Representative responds.
- The ceremony ends with the departure of the Academic Procession and graduates. A group photograph of the Official Party and graduates will be taken.
After the ceremony, you can attend a cocktail reception to celebrate and take photos with our staff, guests and fellow graduands.