Our current grading scale as of 1 January 2009. You can also see our grading scales before 2009.
For more information about our grading system, see our grading policy.
- Pass grades
- 7: High distinction (percentage range 85-100%)
- 6: Distinction (percentage range 75-84%)
- 5: Credit (percentage range 65-74%)
- 4: Pass (percentage range 50-64%)
- S: Satisfactory (where approved for use).
- Fail grades
- 3: Marginal Fail (percentage range: 40-49%)
- 2: Fail (percentage range: 25-39%)
- 1: Low Fail (percentage range: less than 25%)
- K: Withdrawn - Failure
- U: Unsatisfactory (where approved for use).
- Other results
- E: Exempt
- A: Result unfinalised - the result will be issued when available
- SA: Supplementary Assessment - you must complete supplementary assessment
- DA: Deferred Assessment - deferred assessment granted
- T: Assessment continues - studies extend over more than one teaching period.
You may be able to graduate with honours or distinctions, based on your grade point average, the type of award course you studied, or other criteria.
For information about awards with distinctions and honours, see our grading policy.